We hit San Juan, Puerto Rico first. We were only there for a few hours so we spent that time just walking the cobblestone streets. We thought it was odd that there were so much traffic and that so many streets were shut down, then all of a sudden we looked up and there was Hillary Clinton speaking to a small ( and I do mean small) group. What a way to start your vacaton :o)~ I won't get on my political soap box, but I will say so much as we didn't let it ruin our vacation. lol It was an old city, but charming. There was so much vegetation. I found myself fascinated by what grew there. I had never seen some of it so I picked what I found so I could later ask the locals what it was. Looking back at the pictures and seeing the historical site sign where I picked from I sure hope it was nothing that was protected by the government :o) It ended up just being almonds and a local grape that grew on trees. They grew on bunches like grapes, just not on vines. Joe of course found the most interesting thing there the local "law school". It was fun!
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Puerto Rico
We hit San Juan, Puerto Rico first. We were only there for a few hours so we spent that time just walking the cobblestone streets. We thought it was odd that there were so much traffic and that so many streets were shut down, then all of a sudden we looked up and there was Hillary Clinton speaking to a small ( and I do mean small) group. What a way to start your vacaton :o)~ I won't get on my political soap box, but I will say so much as we didn't let it ruin our vacation. lol It was an old city, but charming. There was so much vegetation. I found myself fascinated by what grew there. I had never seen some of it so I picked what I found so I could later ask the locals what it was. Looking back at the pictures and seeing the historical site sign where I picked from I sure hope it was nothing that was protected by the government :o) It ended up just being almonds and a local grape that grew on trees. They grew on bunches like grapes, just not on vines. Joe of course found the most interesting thing there the local "law school". It was fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That law school sign cracks me up. It looks so hokey!
Post a Comment