I wasn't blessed with a great dad that showed me how to respect myself or have pride in myself. I didn't get the dad that would help me instill self confidence in myself or help me find my way through those awkward teenage years. I didn't get a dad that would teach me gospel principles through example. I, in fact, got quite the contrast.
Having come from this I am not bitter but very much the opposite. The childhood that I had has made me realize even more how blessed I am for the man that The Lord gave me to be the dad for my kids. I couldn't ask for a better man to share my life with as well as the great example that he is to my kids and to me.
Joe is my best friend, my confidant, my example, my eternal companion. On this day I celebrate the man that has taught me more than anyone else. Who stands by me through thick and thin. Who I laugh with, cry with, celebrate with and have enjoyed life with for the past 16 years.
But mostly today I celebrate the man that helps me raise our children in the gospel. The dad who prays with us, teaches us in family home evening, blesses our kids when they are sick. The dad who takes the boys camping for the annual father and son's activities, plays hide and seek around the house just to hear Jenna's cute little giggle and has monthly interviews individually with the kids just to make sure he is involved in their lives. He is the perfect hubby and dad for our family!!!
My kids will never know how lucky THEY are, but I do...and how grateful I am for that!
Happy Father's Day, Joe!



3 comments:
Happy Father's Day indeed Joe! Very sweet post.
These Estes boys sure are something special huh?
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY JOE! WHAT A TOUCHING AND SWEET POST. I MUST SAY, I TOO AM VERY GREATFUL FOR THE ESTES "BOYS", THEY ALL SEEM EXTRA-ORDINARY, FUN-LOVING, A BIT CRAZY AND WONDERFUL HUSBANDS & FATHER'S. SO I GUESS WE SHOULD GIVE, TO THE MAN WHO STARTED THIS ALL, A THANK YOU AND A HAPPY FATHER'S DAY RON.
Looks like you got yourself a keeper there!!!
Post a Comment