Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Joe and Trecia's dream vacation






I am not sure where to begin. Joe and I went on vacation for 18 days. I guess the best place to begin is by giving the hugest thank you, which doesn't give justice to how grateful we are, to Jared and Hollie for coming and staying with our kids the entire time so that we could make this dream possible.

Joe and I have been on many trips and getaways but never in our 16 years have we been able to do anything like this. It was so fun and rejuvinating. I was a little afraid that we would get sick of each other or just get on each other's nerves, but it was quite the opposite. We had a fabulous time and reconnected as we cruised the Eastern Carribean.

We started in Georgia by visiting Fred and Steph Lewis. They knew we were coming, but what they didn't know was that Joe got extra time off of work and at the last minute decided to add 4 days to our trip. Joe thought it was be "funny" to surprise Fred by just showing up on Sunday afternoon. I made him at least call his wife. Joe left a message on her cell phone. Steph was so busy as the Stake camp director that she didn't get the message until we were already there. Fred was surprised, Joe was laughing and I was mortified by the whole thing. We went to a hotel there in Cummings while Fred and Steph got over the shock. We stayed at their house for 3 nights and had a fabulous time.

Their kids were fun. I felt like I deserved visitation rights to the kids when I left. It was so funny when Caleb (11 yrs) asked if they could keep Joe. Haleigh is the oldest and Ammon is the youngest. Sweetest kids. They have all sealed a sweet spot in my heart.

We spent a lot of time hearing stories from Joe and Fred's youth....am I glad MY kids weren't around to hear some of them :o)

2 comments:

RC said...

SO, HOW LONG DID YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION "COULD THEY KEEP JOE."
SPECIALLY AFTER HE SPRANG HIS "SURPRISE" VISIT ON YOU.

KIDDING/JUST KIDDING!

Hollie said...

I am SO glad you guys got to go on your dream vacation. You deserve it! It sounds like you guys had a ton of fun. We had a blast watching the kids and were so glad we were able to help out some how. Thanks for everything! =)