Thursday, August 7, 2008

MEMORIES

I first saw this on my sister in law's (Hollie) blog and now it seems to be on everybody's. Small blog world huh? Anyway, it's a lot of fun to think back on these great times.



1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!



2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I will assume you're playing the game and I'll come over to your blog and leave one about you.

2 comments:

Hollie said...

Sorry this took me so long. I have so many memories, here are a few...

I remember when we were both VERY pregnant and went on that trip with the whole family to Snow Flake. You & Joe were nice enough to let Jared & me stay in the same hotel room with your family. While everyone else was sleeping that night you could tell that I wasn't able to sleep and that I was very uncomfortable. You were so sweet you kept checking on me to make sure I was okay and to see if I needed anything.

I remember all of the yummy food you make and the helpful cooking tips you always give me. Well, I remember most of them, I really need to start writing this stuff down. =)

I remember going on that fun relief society retreat with you. What a great weekend that was!

I remember the day Jared proposed to me we went over to your house to celebrate Jared's birthday. Once we officially announced the news Joe was the first one to come over to me and give me a hug and welcome me into the family. He seemed so genuine & sincere, I really did feel welcome. That's what I think of most when I think of you two, how sweet & supportive you & Joe have always been of Jared & me. You're both wonderful examples to us.

We love you guys and miss you lots!

RC said...

OK, SO NOW WE KNOW WHERE HOLLIE GETS IT FROM..... SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY, I WOULD HAVE SWORN I HAD PUT ONE ON HERE ALREADY!

I REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME I MET YOU WAS AT YOUR HOUSE IN VEGAS WE CAME OVER FOR A FAMILY MEET AND GREET AFTER THE KIDS GOT ENGAGED. YOU WERE FRIENDLY, COMFORTABLE AND FUNNY.

NOT SURE IF THIS COUNTS AS A MEMORY OR NOT, BUT I ALSO LOVE THE WAY YOU AND JOE PLAY OFF OF EACH OTHER, IT'S SO MUCH FUN TO JUST SIT BACK AND WATCH, YOU TWO ARE A GREAT EXAMPLE OF A WONDERFUL AND STRONG MARRIAGE, WITH A FUN PLAYFULNESS.

ALSO I REMEMBER LAST CHRISTMAS WITH THE COMBINED ESTES/VANRIJ FAMILY TRADITIONS, YOU WERE SO GRACIOUS TO MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE US AND MAKE US FEEL A PART OF IT ALL. I LOVED THE GIFT SO MUCH YOU MADE FOR ME, I HAVE RECREATED IT FOR OTHERS.

LAST I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THE LOVE AND SUPPORT THAT YOU AND JOE ALWAYS GIVE TO HOLLIE AND JARED, THANK YOU FOR THAT, YOU GUYS ROCK!