Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

Easter was extra special this year as we shared it with Jenna's 9th birthday. What a beautiful day. Grandma and Grandpa found her a darling brown dress with White polka dots and bright blue ribbon trim. She was darling!!!


We took the kids to the Easter Pageant at the Mesa temple the thursday night before Easter and what a great reminder of what this holiday celebrates. I loved watching the re-enactment of the Saviors life, death and resurrection and it filled me with a spirit of love!!! I think having spent the last several months teaching the life of Christ in seminary I was touched me a little more deeply than in years past. I walked away realizing the peace that comes from not just reading, but studying and teaching the words of God and the prophets. I feel like I have missed many years of studying and teaching to my family. With or without a seminary calling I hope I take more time to really study and teach the scriptures... to my kids.


What a glorious gift. I have heard the saying that without Easter, Christmas would be useless. How true it is. Our Savior was born just as promised and prophesied from the begining of time. Starting with Adam and through every prophet until His birth all awaited His arrival. It was then that He made sure that all was done to fulfill every prophesy of His life. Jesus chose to endure all that He endure.


I don't know when the day will come that I will fully understand all that He did for me or how He did it; butI can't wait until the day that I can kneel before him and with a full, humble heart thank Him for doing it.

No comments: