Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just when I thought life could get no crazier...

I am called to teach seminary and also called to be a stake YCL leader for girls camp this summer. I am super excited about it, I just hope that I can juggle 3 callings (yes, I am still the nursery leader for the ward) homeschooling and being a mom. So far I feel very much at peace with it all and have LOVED the chance to read and study for 2-3 hours a day out of the scriptures. I have very much felt the Lord's love through this calling like never before. I feel so blessed to be learning the things that I am learning in the detail that I am learning. We spent 6 weeks as a class studying just the last week of Jesus' life. What an awesome experience it has been to dive so deeply into the details of his ministry, life and love for us.

Camp meetings start next month and I will be over the YCL's that are over the 2nd year girls. They let me choose which year I wanted to be over so I chose the 2nd year girls . We have really good friends who have a daughter with type 1 diabetes that will be a 2nd year so I am hoping to be of some help since I know the disease so well. I always love when there is someone with Hayden to help and give me a little peace while he is away. I have a lot of the YCL girls in my seminary class so it will be fun!!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

How fun, I get to go to girls camp too! I was called as our ward camp director. Every other year our stake rotates having a combined stake YW camp or individual ward camps. Well this year it's just our ward so I get to plan EVERYTHING. The theme, song, scripture, activities, certifications, food, equipment,
accomodations, etc...

I was a little overwhelmed at first but I am sooo excited. The leaders I get to work with are amazing and the girls are awesome. I am having such a great time getting to know their individual personalities so I can plan things that relate to each one of them personally. It will definitely be a fun, uplifting experience!

RC said...

Wow, all though it does sound quite overwhelming, three callings and all, I always loved girls camp, as a youth and as a youth leader, so I must say, I am excited for you, how fun, I know you will be an awesome leader and example.