Friday, September 26, 2008

Jenna and Mom time.




Jenna and I have had so much fun trying some new things this year. There are many reasons I decided to homeschool this year. Having more time with and influence over my kids were obviously at the top of the list, but there is a very big side of me that is sad to see that we don't serve others enough because we are so busy with our own lives and schedules.




SO, Jenna and I have decided to take a cake decorating class together. We want to make cakes and take them to a local battered women and children shelter when there are birthdays, holidays or special events.

We have had a blast learning how to decorate cakes and make them pretty. She came home the first night and added some finishing touches to the cake. Here are some pictures of the first cake Jenna made. It is a white cake with chocolate custard filling and homemade buttercream icing. She was so proud of it and I was so proud of her. The only thing I did was write her name (please remember we are beginners).
Joe and the boys have been incredibly supportive of this new hobby.

Jenna even made a cake for our home teachers. Jenna has found a new best friend :o)
It is so fun to see talents discovered and developed.

3 comments:

RC said...

HMMMM, YUMMY! GREAT JOB YOU GUYS, HOW FUN FOR YOU AND THE PEOPLE WHO RECEIVE YOUR WONDERFUL WORKS OF ART. ONLY WISH WE LIVED CLOSER SO WE TOO COULD ENJOY YOUR WORK. :)

crack'n up ourselves said...

That looks alot better than anything I would ever do.

Hollie said...

That cake is beautiful Jenna, great job! How fun for you two.