OK, so this blog, like most, is more for me than my friendly readers. I am so excited about a triathlon sprint that I am doing in November. I, of course grew up swimming so that's an obvious interest. I spent years biking 10+ miles a day while living in Vegas. I have picked up running this past year. I am surprised at how much I love it. I have always done a little running. Like 3-4 miles but I have loved being able to put my ipod on and just run for miles. Michael is going to do it with me. Mother and son bonding :o)
I have a couple of friends who are interested so we'll see. My friend, Lucy, is running the PF Chang half marathon in January so I think I may do that as well. I have been so excited about this it's ridiculous.
If anyone has done one of these events and has any advice please let me know. Only positive thinking at this point! This seems a little more intimidating than the once dreaded 5K. Baby steps for me.
I think turning 35 this year is having some weird impact on me. I refuse to just lay down and get old.....I going to run my way unto my mid 30's :0 (even if I am the last one through that finish line)
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Good for you! I'm sure you'll do great. I'm very envious of your ambition. It always sounds fun to me to do something like this, but I get overwhelmed thinking about where to begin since I don't have any sort of regular exercise routine. Let us know how it goes.
THIS SOUNDS AWESOME, AND HOW FUN FOR YOU AND MICHAEL TO DO IT TOGETHER, NO MATTER WHAT YOU GUYS WILL LOOK BACK AT THIS AS A CHERRISHED MEMORY, I'M SURE YOU WILL TO FANTASTIC. LET US KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT FOR YOU.
P.S. I FINALLY LEFT A POST ON YOUR MEMORIES BLOG, GEESH! I'M LOOSING IT, I THOUGHT I HAD ALREADY DONE THAT! OOOPS!
Good Luck! I am no help...I hate running!...unless I am adding flips to it on the floor...ha ha.
Hey...did you ever read the Twilight series yet? What did you think? Are you in love like the rest of us?
You go Girl! I'm cheering you on.
Post a Comment