Saturday, May 3, 2008

Our garden






We have a family in our ward that has a farm. They have offered garden plots to whomever wants one (I know....how nice is that!). All we have to do is go out once a week and weed until the food starts growing and then a couple of times a week to weed and pick vegies. Each week I take a different kid to help me. Nathan got to go this morning so of course I actually thought to bring my camera (my poor other kids....I really need to be better about taking my camera places. I took the kids hiking on South Mtn. this week and...forgot my camera.) There were vegies growing today. Tomatoes, squash, zucchini, watermelon, cucmbers, onions...they are all starting to grow! This Morning we got the first fruits of our labors.

2 comments:

Hollie said...

That is so exciting. I would love to do that. That picture of Nathan is so cute.
I am SO GLAD you have a blog now. It's such a great way to keep up with everyone's lives.
Love and miss you all!

RC said...

FIRST, I'M SO EXCITED THAT YOU STARTED TO BLOG. AS COMPLETELY OVER THE MOON WE ARE THAT HOLLIE, JARED AND THE LITTLE BUGS, ARE ACTUALY CLOSE ENOUGH NOW FOR US TO SEE ON A REGULAR BASIS, THEIR MOVE DID MEAN MISSING OUT ON OUR VISITS WITH THE MARICOPA BUNCH. SO, IT WILL BE GREAT TO STILL HAVE A GLIMPS AT THE GOING ON'S WITH ALL OF YOU THROUGH YOUR BLOG. I'M SO IMPRESSED THAT YOU GO AWAY FROM YOUR OWN BACK YARD AND STILL PUT IN A GARDEN, MAKES ME FEEL A BIT QUILTY. HERE WE HAVE OVER AN ACRE OF BEAUTIFUL FLAT LAND OUT OUR OWN BACK DOOR, YET, NO GARDEN IN SIGHT. MAYBE NEXT YEAR!!! HEY, ANYONE THAT WANTS TO USE IT, COME ON OVER.